Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-20 17:10:03
At 10:49 AM 9/21/00 +1100, Robert Elz wrote:
   Date:        Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:28:15 -0400
   From:        "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl(_at_)simonstl(_dot_)com>

 | It's part of the development process, but it's not a formal document.

The point is that I-Ds aren't supposed to be formal documents either.
They're just electronic scribble on scap paper found lying around, and
generally intended to be discarded.   From time to time, some of that
looks to be worth keeping - and then it can be copied to a more permanent
archive, but we are still going to need the scratch pad.

Once the scratch pad is in public view, it should stay in public view.

I think that may be where we differ - I'm happy to scribble in public and
expect other people's public scribbles to remain public.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML