Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-14 14:20:02

You do not consider IPv6 an option?

        ipv6 is working just fine even here at IETF49 venue, it's so much more
        convenient than IPv4, for couple of reasons.
        - DHCPv4 lease time is set to 10 minutes, and we keep changing IPv4
          address.  if I suspend my laptop, go to bathroom and resume, i'll
          have to reconnect all of IPv4 TCP sessions I had.
          we do not have the problem with IPv6.
        - we have no problem reaching IPv4 world with IPv6, we have IPv6-to-
          IPv4 translator here (http://www.kame.net/ietf49/).

        so, migrate to IPv6.  you will be happier.

itojun