NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-14 00:00:03

Hi -

I should have waited until Perry had spoken, because now that he has
pointed out the extreme cost of NAT, I have seen the light!

NATs are expensive.  They have gross side-effects.  Even Noel Chiappa,
my guru, says that they are an architectural hack.

So, why are people deploying them?

They are so awful, that it must only happen when people have NO OTHER OPTION.

So, I have to wonder, why is it that they have no option?
Isn't it the job of the Internet Architecture Board to be addressing
this serious problem, since the IETF's solution doesn't seem to be working???

        Sean.