Re: scum suckers (was Re: Bottom feeders:-)

2000-12-27 14:00:02
I hate to argue with Randy's common sense but I don't think this
works. There are always people who can't get travel authorisation
until very late, or whatever, among those who are absolutely needed
(i.e. document authors etc.). So we would need rules about who gets in
regardless of the limit, and I don't see any way out of the discussion
that would generate.

   Brian

Randy Bush wrote:

as no one has mentioned this approach, i figured to add to the non-
productive confusion as follows:

nanog had an analogous crowding issue.  the organizers looked at the problem
and said

  the goal is not to become large, the goal is to maintain quality

  but one does not want to disenfranchise any particular constituency

so nangog gets space for about 500 people, allows just that many to
register, and it's first register first serve.

randy