Re: Eliminating Virus Spam

2001-01-04 05:50:02

In message
<200101041133(_dot_)f04BXFO09623(_at_)givry(_dot_)rennes(_dot_)enst-bretagne(_dot_)fr>,
 Francis D
upont typed:

Vernon, I fully agree with you: there is no reason to get multipart
messages in technical discussion mailing lists. Even if your solution
seems drastic this is the way we should go.

i'd prefer to see us develop a more 21st century solution

first, we should register mime types that we DO allow on a list

second, if someone must send an executable attachment , then we have a
signing server that signs the attachment as trustworthy - most of the
stupid atachments come from places who wouldnt be part of my trust
chain.....

 cheers

   jon