Re: Eliminating Virus Spam

2001-01-04 08:30:02
second, if someone must send an executable attachment , then we have a
signing server that signs the attachment as trustworthy

and how, and using what criteria, would the signing server evaluate
the trustworthiness of the attachment?

e.g. I might consider an attachment that installed NetBSD on top
of an existing Windows system to be absolutely trustworthy
(so long as it did it's job well) and performing a valuable community
service, but others might not agree...
(they might insist that Linux be installed instead.)

Keith