Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-20 12:20:02

"Phil" == Phil Karn <karn(_at_)ka9q(_dot_)net> writes:
    Phil> Having to stay at the Marquette hotel 3+ blocks away because,
    Phil> living on the west coast, I'm at least 50 milli-light-seconds

  I'm one of the lucky...
  One thing that people might consider is going more than one to a room.

    Phil> farther away than most of the people contending for the token
    Phil> number of on-site hotel rooms when the meeting site is announced.

    Phil> The much-touted "skyway" that is inevitably locked when you want to
    Phil> return to your hotel, forcing an unprotected late-night dash out on

  I must agree with your frustration with the skyway, particularly the food.
  I regard this weather as "balmy", so this is a question of relativity.

    Phil> I understand the reasoning for holding the IETF here -- to
    Phil> discourage all but the most highly motivated from attending. But it
    Phil> doesn't seem to be working. So why, oh why, can't we just
    Phil> permanently move this thing to (say) Las Vegas, where there are

  I personally find LV's climate too leave a lot to be desired, but as I'd
never have to leave the hotel, I might not care.
  I think it should still rotate to different parts of the planet.

  [From: address changed to avoid 30+ vacation messages]

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr(_at_)solidum(_dot_)com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy
gone?|PAX.port 1100[