RE: Kudos to MSP IETF hosts & other ramblings

2001-03-25 21:50:03
Hi there, I agree with Margaret on this topic, and being about 2 weeks old
with the organization, for the record I haven't jumped into a discussion
until now.  It is a little overwhelming to say the least to jump into an
"open" discussion about something.  But I think I'm getting the hang of it
now, whatever that means.

Hagop

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:mrw(_at_)windriver(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 8:46 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Kudos to MSP IETF hosts & other ramblings

Sorry that I wasn't more specific.  I wasn't objecting to
the idea of work being done in a bar...

I think that we need to be careful about the assumption
that everyone we haven't seen before, or that doesn't
speak at a meeting, is a "tourist".  If we want to have
an open organization, we should be more open to the
involvement of new members.

Margaret

also,the wireless access fro mthe pub was inspired! we got really
serious bar bof work done without tourists kibbitzing