Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-28 10:00:02
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:30:50AM -0500, in message
<2224339706(_dot_)985771850(_at_)P2>, John C Klensin
(klensin(_at_)jck(_dot_)com) wrote: Re: RE: Deja Vu

[...]

on working-engineer attendance.  To by cynical about it, one of
the attractions of Minneapolis in February or March, or (to pick
on a place we haven't been) almost anywhere in South or
Southeast Asia during monsoon, no one would accuse us of going
there to meet in a nice place where many of the attendees would
come and not participate.   While it would presumably be
convenient for you, I'm actually worried a bit about London in
that regard.

London's sort of OK - but's it's hardly party city.

I think your point on the cost of meetings becoming prohibitive for
many attendees is much more important. London is well known to be
one of the most expensive cities in the world for hotel accommodation.
It would be a bad thing if clue was excluded because of the total cost
of a meeting being very high.

Regards,

--
leo vegoda