Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-28 09:30:02
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:05:33 EST, Keith Moore said:
IETF meetings are held because they are beneficial to accomplishing
the work of the IETF, not to promoate some sort of internationalism.

Hmm.  I thought the Internet was for everyone.

Exactly.  We're here to *get work done* for everyone, not to contribute
to some warm-and-fuzzy political feel-good agenda.  If meetings elsewhere
contribute to getting work done, they should be held elsewhere.  If meetings
elsewhere are being done to be "correct" or "fair", we're doing them elsewhere
for the Wrong Reasons.

Of course, I've never actually made it to an IETF, so it doesn't matter
much to me where they're held ;)

/Valdis (who would probably be feeling much more politically correct if
he had gotten more than four hour's sleep ;)