Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-29 06:20:02
At 11:20 28/03/2001 -0500, Melinda Shore wrote:
The cost thing is, I think, misleading.  Having
had the experience of having to go to many ETSI
meetings, I've found that apart from a few
incredibly expensive cities it's generally cheaper
to go to Europe than it is to travel in the US.

strangely, the opposite seems true for us Europeans .-)
at times I have wondered if we pay for the lower price through the jetlag. But it is hard to see a real benefit for the airlines from that .-(

actually the cheapest place, hotel-price-wise, to hold IETFs would probably be in a tourist trap on the off-season (the Riviera in October, after all the bathers have gone home, but before the staff leaves the hotel...)

and the main benefit (to me) of an European IETF is to see the *other* half have the jetlag for once.
Apart from the 30 hours I save in travelling time, of course :-)

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
+47 41 44 29 94