Re: WG Review: Open Pluggable Edge Services (opes)

2001-06-18 19:50:02
IMHO OPES can offer a standard way of defining and running services but
cannot prevent people from mis-using it.

yes, but is there a significant need for these services outside of
the mis-uses of those services?

and given that a significant amount of folks seem to want these for the sole
purpose of abusing the rights of content-providers, will this group basically
be using IETF's reputation to try to legitimize the practice?

Keith

p.s. reminds me of an old Tom Lehrer song
"when rockets go up, who cares where they come down...that's not my department"