Re: I am *NOT* a believer in the democratic process.

2001-06-25 20:40:03
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:01:03 PDT, Brian Lloyd said:
threshing process.  I see entirely too little threshing going on in the
IETF these days.  I think we worry to much that people will get their
little feelers hurt.

Send them my way.  I'm renowned for my ability to tell almost anybody,
in excruciating detail, exactly why their idea is dumber than a box
of rocks. ;)

So let 'em build their protocol, whatever it is, and bring it to the
IETF.  The problems with a really bad protocol can be extremely educational
and entertaining.  The elegance of a really good protocol can be extremely
educational and entertaining.  I don't see how we can lose.

Actually, a Really Bad Protocol is usually dreadfully excruciatingly
painful, unless somebody performs an MST on it.  For those not
familiar with it, see http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ for the TV show,
or http://brie.bmsc.washington.edu/people/merritt/books/Eye_of_Argon.html
for an example of the concept.

Now, maybe if we had more protocol reviews like that... ;)

/Valdis