Re: OPES charter proposal again.

2001-07-03 15:20:05
At 04:40 PM 7/3/2001 -0500, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
"Michael W. Condry" wrote:

> At 02:45 AM 7/3/2001 +0100, Lloyd Wood wrote:
> >I do like the 'extend [..] the iCAP protocol without being obliged to
> >retain any level of compatibility with the current iCAP proposal.'
> >Fine, since iCAP's just an individual draft -- but isn't extending
> >without being compatible something only Microsoft is generally
> >regarded as being capable of doing?
>
> That is not the intent. The intent is that the IETF process
> will be followed with regard to iCAP (not some other organization's
> process).

Not ECMA's, for example?

  Brian

ECMAs gives the appearance of a rubber stamp for i-CAP Forum. If this is
completely true it is disappointing because the members attending
the OPES meetings have certainly given some effort to clean up the
iCAP bugs. Its not clear this is totally true but we will see

Michael W. Condry
Director,  Network Edge Technology