Re: OPES charter proposal again.

2001-07-04 17:10:02
If the working group wants to endorse iCAP I will discuss this
with ECMA - HOWEVER, team members have made it clear
that an ECMA vs IETF game is not desired. If ECMA honors
the IETF process then they will do that otherwise I doubt
if OPES team members will bother working on
"cleaning up" iCAP as they have been doing recently.

At 04:40 PM 7/3/2001 -0500, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
"Michael W. Condry" wrote:

> At 02:45 AM 7/3/2001 +0100, Lloyd Wood wrote:
> >I do like the 'extend [..] the iCAP protocol without being obliged to
> >retain any level of compatibility with the current iCAP proposal.'
> >Fine, since iCAP's just an individual draft -- but isn't extending
> >without being compatible something only Microsoft is generally
> >regarded as being capable of doing?
>
> That is not the intent. The intent is that the IETF process
> will be followed with regard to iCAP (not some other organization's
> process).

Not ECMA's, for example?

  Brian

Michael W. Condry