Re: OPES charter proposal again.

2001-07-05 07:40:02
Micah,

Micah Beck wrote:

I would suggest to the advocates of the OPES working group that they
reconsider the modification I suggested to the charter a while ago, and
which generated almost no discussion:

Modify

"Intermediary services provided in this way are not
transparent: They have to be authorized by either the
content requestor or the provider, corresponding to
who the service being provided for."

to read

"Intermediary services provided in this way are not
transparent: They have to be authorized by the provider."

I disagree. It isn't acceptable to remove the requestor from
the authorization loop in the general case.

   Brian