Re: Any value in this list ?

2001-07-30 10:00:03
The value of this list is only apparent when a real issue arises that needs attention for the whole IETF.

Until then, most of its content is clearly "UNINTERESTING"!

But, this list is valuable between episiodes of real need for it, if only because it lets us know that nothing really important is in need to serious IETF-wide discussion.

We all notice when the flow here becomes serious, and until then, a breif scan of unread received mail tells us that things are pretty mucn OK.

However, I too will be white happy to have the listserver cull out virus carriers;-)... My uncounted estimate is that I have received several hundred SIRCAM worm messages here, and very very very few via any other lists, or by ordinary spam.

Fortunately, I do not use any of he tools that aid and abet the SIRCAM worm, so I am mostly entertained by the floods, as long as I do not get swept into the flood.

So, the real message in this otherwise gratuitous missive is that there does no appear to be much of any reason to look for great meaning in any of the current traffic. It is just the ambient noise level of the day.

if such ambient noise is really bothersome, then for sure,
get thy self outfitted with proper ambient noise filters.

Cheers...\Stef