Re: Any value in this list ?

2001-08-05 02:00:02
"Anthony Atkielski" <anthony(_at_)ATKIELSKI(_dot_)COM> writes:

Yes, hundreds over the past week or so.  I have a rule for incoming mail that
just directs them to the trash.  But it does make one wonder about the
participants on the list--I don't have this problem on other lists.

Not a good sign...

Agreed.  So much for "experts."

The Code Red virus doesn't just use addresses from the infected users
address book - it also uses addresses culled from the web browser
cache.  Not too surprising that this list address would show up a lot.
Since this list does not require one to be subscribed to post, it gets
more than its share of junk.

Frankly, I find the endless (and very repetitive)
discussion/complaining about the viruses and warnings even worse than
the viruses and warnings - they easy to filter.  Isn't the general
idea that once a topic reaches a certain traffic level it should be
taken to another list, or a face to face session?

--
Scott Lawrence                            slawrence(_at_)virata(_dot_)com
Virata Embedded Web & UPnP Technology    http://www.emweb.com/