Re: Why IPv6 is a must?

2001-11-05 12:50:03
"J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc(_at_)ginger(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu> writes:

    > From: TOMSON ERIC <Eric(_dot_)Tomson(_at_)siemens(_dot_)atea(_dot_)be>

    > do you really think that the IETF people (et al.) built IPv6 without a
    > preliminary good consideration?

There are a lot of people in the IETF who think exactly that,
actually.

And there are a lot of other people that don't.

(This message coming to you via the NAT box I bought in the hole-in-the-wall
computer store in the little strip mall right down the street, here in
Podunksville.

Lucky you.

If I had a NAT box at home, and I tried to connect to my corporate
network through it, I would quickly learn two things:

1) It doesn't work (it's an IPsec based solution)

2) If I then called the Help Desk, their response would be "we don't
   support that configuration".

YMMV.

Thomas