Re: Why IPv6 is a must?

2001-11-06 20:00:02
The discrepancy in opinions below seems to me to point towards the
deployment path for IPv6.  Corporate users and those with very large
address space needs (wireless handhelds) will deploy IPv6 and in effect
"pay" for the engineering cost of building IPv6 into operating systems and
network elements.  Once the costs come down, home users, small businesses,
and their ISPs will follow.

(Note that I do think IPv6 is inevitable and that is a Good Thing;  I also
think that it is unrealistic to expect the low-end/cost-driven user to jump
into the conversion;  telling them their (temporary) solution is "evil"
does not make them move any faster).

--On Monday, November 05, 2001 14:40 -0500 Thomas Narten