Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-22 16:30:03
Quite likely so!  And I always (except for this properly noted instance)
do what it takes to fix the headers to avoid confusion.

So, in this case the fault was mine, as I certainly know better.

But for those who do not know the consequences, it is the fault of EUDORA.
As it does not offer any warning of the potential embarrassing consequences.

Again, I profusely apologize for committing such a crime...\Stef

At 14:30 -0500 22/01/02, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:30:48 PST, Einar Stefferud said:
 > At the minimum, such violations of IETF Standards should be formally
 > noted in a letter from the IAB to the offending vendor, whoever that
 > might be, when such information becomes available to the IESG or the
 > IAB.

 >    PS:    I apologize profusely to Dave and everyone else for
 >   violating my own rule against use of the Eudora Redirect
 >   Command, which always results in confusion when used as I
 >   did...\s

I have to wonder if the Eudora Redirect command is in violation of a
standard, for its failure to re-write the headers to make the redirection
clear. ;)

/Valdis

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:Untitled 1 (????/----) (00081502)