Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-23 07:20:02
Although I thought your note was wonderfully thorough, concise and
insightful, it appears that your core message was missed by some.

What I took to be your core message was that if an organization is going
claim responsibility for judging the adequacy of implementations, then
that
organization needs to create a thorough and fair process for creating and
handling those judgements.  Anything informal or incomplete would be
extremely irresponsible.

The fact that such irresponsibility would likely have legal impact should
not distract anyone from noting that, first and foremost, anything less
than a full-blown and fair process would be irresponsible.

As others have noted, the IETF is rather busy doing a different job.  So
the most the IETF should do is wish someone well if they try to pursue
this
assessment-and-enforcement job.

this is a fair restatement. thanks!

/mtr