S/MIME again??, Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-23 12:10:02

Vernon Schryver wrote:

It is all about as interesting as
another recent arrival's descriptions of how "we" talked about the
Internet in cafeterias in the old days before it really existed.

Since I made that comment... yes, that is what we (maybe not you) did
back in 1992 when I started to notice and use the Internet.  That's only
10 years ago.  I guess hindsight is always 20/20, but the idea of
self-regulation needs IMO a grain of salt.  At least, we could have
public non-conformance notes.

But, heaven forbid, no "certified trademark" program.  Have we
all forgotten S/MIME??

Cheers,

Ed Gerck