Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-23 11:10:02

I'm sure many companies would bid to be the one to distribute or revoke
"IETF certified" trademarks. They would come up with a fair and open
certification process...

Can we suspend this thread until these 'many companies' step forward
with their proposed fair and open certification (and *de*-certification)
processes?

I'm a strong proponent of the "one true mark", easy-in, no hassles.
With strong, but forgiving enforcement policies.

That's the only way I see to do it, not to mention, if it's cheap
and easy, lots of people will do it, and you would generate a
$10m legal fund so that it had some teeth.

Kyle Lussier
AutoNOC LLC