Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-23 13:40:03
If a vendor *fixes* something and we get burned that bad, what makes
you think that yanking the right to use a logo will change anything?

Well, the whole point of it is to give CIOs and IT Managers the
ability to write into their contracts "IETF Compliance" or no
money.

CIOs would still need to choose to do this of course, but, as I
mentioned before, I know a number of them that are ready to
strangle some of their badly behaving vendors.

In the economy of today, if large implementations don't go well,
as a CIO, you are out the door.  IETF Compliance can go a long
way torwards helping secure the jobs of our CIOs by reducing
interoperability headaches and vendor standards infighting.

Kyle Lussier
AutoNOC LLC