Re: Dynamic DNS at the 53rd IETF

2002-02-27 12:00:03
If configured on your laptop and at your home name server, this will
enable you to get a dynamically allocated address which has your own
domain name both in the forward zone and in the reverse zone.
Fantastic.  My laptop's DNS name is lust.indecency.org.  Please arrange
for the records for that zone to be dynamically updated every time you
assign it a new IP address.

if you read the web page, you will see that YOU are the one who needs to
do configuration, on your laptop's dhcp client and your forward domain's
dns primary.

what jakob's message was saying is that the in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa
zones will be correctly configured to work with the ietf net's correctly
configured dhcp server.

Thanks for the clarification.

I appreciate the effort that has been made to set this up, and I'll
look forward to seeing whether it really does make a useful difference.

Keith