Re: utility of dynamic DNS

2002-02-28 12:50:03
It's also quite clear to me that stable DNS names are not an adequate
substitute for stable IP addresses, and that the existence of a service
that can be used to update DNS names when IP addresses change should not
be taken as an indication (for example) that it's okay for providers to
change IP addresses at a whim, or that there's no need for platforms
to support mobile IP.

we eagerly look forward to you providing this technology, and maybe
even having an isp lynching or effigy burning at yokohama.  or do we
need to be more patient?

randy