Re: Dynamic DNS at the 53rd IETF

2002-02-27 12:10:03
what jakob's message was saying is that the in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa
zones will be correctly configured to work with the ietf net's correctly
configured dhcp server.
I appreciate the effort that has been made to set this up, and I'll
look forward to seeing whether it really does make a useful difference.

you may remember that, in summer '95 stockholm, my laptop was the dhcp
server in order to demonstrate dhcp worked and was useful.  a year or two
later, we were annoyed when we landed in a new location and dhcp was not
working.  we are hoping that this exercise will do the same for dynamic dns
update with dhcp.  (and in this case, i do not plan to donate my laptop:-).

the key to playing successfully at minneapolis is to configure your home
forward dns server now, before you fly.  and if you need help (*after*
reading <http://ops.ietf.org/dns/dynupd/secure-ddns-howto.html>) whine at
<dynamic53(_at_)ops(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org>.

note, folk not running unix or linux will not be able to play.  we still
need a hack to make the windows dhcp client wiggle.

randy