Re: Last Call: IETF and ITU-T Collaboration Guidelines to Informational

2002-03-06 10:40:02
No matter who claims what about the ITU or IETF, if you want to know for sure, you can refer to the respective organization's published and/or working documents. If I stand up (physically or virtually) in an IETF meeting and say "the ITU-T is doing such and such", you can either believe me or double check with the ITU. But the benefit remains that I stood up and brought your attention to the topic. I don't need to be an authorized ITU-T representative to do that. And I'll double check anything an authorized ITU-T representative says as well. So I don't see any benefit to this provision.