Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-20 14:40:03
From: "Peter Deutsch" <pdeutsch(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>
And if your objection to NATs ended there, I wouldn't have a problem
with it. But instead of then working to change the protocols that break
with NATs, you continue to insist, Canute-like, that you can turn back
the tides and move the world back to a pre-NAT world.

The protocols that break in the presence of NATs are not
illegitimate, badly-designed protocols.  Simplicity is good,
but sometimes complex problems really do call for complex
solutions.  Aside from that, consider the problem of running
a server.

I'm very comfortable with identifying NAT as a problem.  I'm
far less comfortable with the "STOP BREAKING MY INTERNET" thing.

Melinda