Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-19 09:00:02
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:00:22 PST, Peter Ford
<peterf(_at_)Exchange(_dot_)Microsoft(_dot_)com>  said:

I would love to see the complete solution to signaling all the potential
blocking intermediate hops in the network that specific traffic should
pass.

I would love to see the complete *SECURE* solution to signaling all the
potential blocking intermediate hops in the network that specific traffic
should pass.

Some of us deploy firewalls in order to stop our systems from being able
to contact the ourside world if they get trojaned.  Opening a port just
because a UPNP device says "pretty please" works against that...
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer