Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-19 13:40:03
    > in a just world, the NAT vendors would all be sued out of existence for
    > the harm they've done to the Internet. in the real world, if you can
    > hire a famous personality to advertise your product on TV, then by
    > definition it must work well.

The last time I was this hard-headed about a technology I thought was a bad
idea technically, the company I was associated with never really recovered
(although there were other problems too).

notice I did say "in a just world".  I don't pretend that this world
is just.  If you want to make money, you have to understand that the
economic environment we live in favors those who do harm.  You can
choose whether or not to do harm (and to what degree), but it doesn't
help to pretend that the market will reward you for doing good.

Deal with it.

likewise.

Keith