Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-19 13:30:02
OK, but that does not solve the problem where the NATs are mostly deployed -- home and SOHO -- until all internet servers of interest to those users speak IPv6. "Can be upgraded to do so" is great if you control the server, but these users don't. So Yahoo, Google, etc can be pursuaded to upgrade, maybe... and the home/SOHO user using the setup below does a search. Many of the hits will be IPv4 only sites, and we are back to NAT.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good migration path and should be pushed as much as possible, but it is not as fast as your message implies.