Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-21 19:20:02
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:

notice I did say "in a just world".  I don't pretend that this world
is just.  If you want to make money, you have to understand that the
economic environment we live in favors those who do harm.  You can
choose whether or not to do harm (and to what degree), but it doesn't
help to pretend that the market will reward you for doing good.

It seems like your quarrel lies more with the non-total honesty of NAT
vendors (or the ad agencies they use) than anything intrinsic to NATs.
Of course, there is the possibility that if they were totally honest,
and marketed their devices as "Enabling appliances for selected Internet
services" that they'd STILL make money (and then you'd have no one to
blame).

--gregbo