Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

2002-03-21 18:30:03
"J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc(_at_)ginger(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I think you're seriously confused here. ISP's don't make a substantial share
of their money selling addresses (and therefore desiring a scarce market in
same), and I gather that for most of them, the costs of administering extra
addresses is just about covered (if at all) by the extra charging.

Perhaps these ISPs do not desire a scarce market, but they do not wish to
run out of addresses (forcing them to buy more or turn away future
customers).

--gregbo