Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

2002-04-02 13:40:02
That is, if we start thinking about "8+ everywhere" instead of "ACE
everywhere" scenario, then how we can get there from here.

Same question: if you have a non-backwards-compatible server, how do
you
get people to use it?

Non-backwards-compatible server? A server that wont handle ASCII and only
handles UTF8... : >

No, a nameserver that won't handle the original form of DNS.  The original
DNS packet format obviously can't cope with 8-bit labels, so a server that
sent native UTF-8 in its replies (or a resolver that sent native UTF-8 in
its queries) would break compatibility.

A NS that won't handle original form of DNS... which is what I said above,
where would be a NS that only handles UTF8 but not the "original"(LDH)
form... that's interesting, I would wanna see that implementation too : )