Re: IETF 54 calendar

2002-05-29 07:00:02
On Wed, May 29, 2002 09:36:44AM -0400, Melinda Shore wrote:
Aside from situations in which some competing technologies are
encumbered and some are not, we're now finding ourselves in situations
where all of the proposed technologies are encumbered but have
different licensing terms.  I think that a new informational document
would benefit a great deal from real-time discussion, etc., if for no
other reason to see which questions are raised.  A Friday meeting
seems to me to be a rather small one-time cost for getting more
clarity around the issue.

Exactly.  And the problem with trying to work this particular, large,
issue in a small group or by mail is that the strong opinions don't get
vented and worked out.  I look forward to a special plenary.

..Scott