Re: IPR at IETF 54

2002-05-29 15:26:54
On Wed, May 29, 2002 09:10:20PM +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
How do we best approach the design of Internet technologies so that
IPR-related obstructions to their deployment will be minimized?

That assumes IPR-related goals are obstructions.  For me they're a pain
but I've been burned so I have no problem with people, including me,
protecting themselves.  Let's start one step back.  How can we best
approach the process of building and running the Internet to minimize
conflict between technology goals and IPR-related goals?

..Scott