Re: Jabber BOF afterthoughts

2002-07-23 10:15:00
I certainly agree that relevance, expertise, change control, etc. are
important criteria for the IESG to review. I believe a review of the
discussion here and the minutes of the BOF session will reveal that
each of those criteria are well met

cool!

However, I'm not clear why "non-conflict with other standards groups"
is a criteria. Care to explain?

sure.  i'll even do it for free!  :-)

we don't make ethernet standards, ieee does.  we don't make sdh
standards, itu does.  etc. etc.  in this case, i would be careful
not to encroach on w3's toes.  i have no idea if we would be or
not.

as to why we are careful not to step on other sdos' toes, well we
do not want them to step on ours.  there have been incidents of
this kind of issue with other sdos, and we try to be careful.  make
sense?

randy