Re: Jabber BOF afterthoughts

2002-07-23 12:46:51
On 7/23/02 at 10:09 AM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

we don't make ethernet standards, ieee does. we don't make sdh standards, itu does. etc. etc.

Ah, you're talking about competing with other standards bodies, not groups within the IETF! OK, that I understand.

in this case, i would be careful not to encroach on w3's toes. i have no idea if we would be or not.

Everything that I've seen indicates nothing in any of the potential work items which would step on any W3C toes. So I think Jabber is cool there too.

as to why we are careful not to step on other sdos' toes, well we do not want them to step on ours. there have been incidents of this kind of issue with other sdos, and we try to be careful. make sense?

Absolutely.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102