Re: Jabber BOF afterthoughts

2002-07-23 12:07:53
we don't make ethernet standards, ieee does.  we don't make sdh
standards, itu does.  etc. etc.  in this case, i would be careful
not to encroach on w3's toes.
What would Jabber have to do with the W3C? It's a protocol, not a
document format.  Furthermore, we already have two efforts in this
space; if the W3C were likely to object, they would've by now.

i do not know how much clearer i could be than

i have no idea if this is an issue here, as i am not in contact
with w3c or whomever else.  i expect you, pete, etc. will know
far better than i if we are nearing hot water here.  i am just
asking you to please be conscious of the issue.

randy