Re: DNS based URI without any set access semantics?

2002-07-25 13:54:13
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:31:11PM -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
| On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Clark C . Evans wrote:
|
| >   - it uses DNS to gaurentee uniqueness
|
| That's not a solid foundation for uniqueness.  There are multiple DNS
| spaces in use.  One is almost completely dominant, but others do exist.

It's good enough.

| The object identifier space used for MIBS is much more usable for
| uniqueness.

Too obscure.  With the Internet DNS system I can go to one
of many sites, pay my $11 ransom and rent a domain name
for a year.  Even my aged aunt grocks DNS.  ;)

Clark

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525