Re: DNS based URI without any set access semantics?

2002-07-25 13:35:01
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 03:48:29PM -0400, Michael Mealling wrote:

| >    urn:dns:com.clarkevans:MyPackage
| >
| > Where the first three components are always small caps.
|
| The problem is that URNs are required to be non-reasignable. So if
| the part between the second and third colons is based off of a domain-name
| then you will have to timestamp it somehow.

Ok, would this fly?

    urn:dns:yaml.clarkevans.com,2002;MyPackage

Thank you both for humoring me.  YAML needs something clean
like this for its type identifiers.

Best,

Clark

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525