Re: DNS based URI without any set access semantics?

2002-07-25 14:04:20
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:39:12PM -0400, Michael Mealling wrote:
| On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:36:22PM -0400, Clark C . Evans wrote:
| > Ok, would this fly?
| >
| >     urn:dns:yaml.clarkevans.com,2002;MyPackage
| >
| > Thank you both for humoring me.  YAML needs something clean
| > like this for its type identifiers.
|
| I would prefer the NID be something other than 'dns'. As it stands
| it suggests that it in some way related to DNS when it really isn't
| except for the firs section. But 'pkg' doesn't seem right either since
| that suggests Java packages instead of what YAML wants to do with 'em.
| Got any other suggestions?

Right on.  Hmm.  I suppose at the very worst we could use "yaml".
But something a bit more generic (so XML fellas can use it too)
would be preferable.

ideas:

  type
  domain
  inet   (internet)
  zoom   (just for fun)
  dbi    (domain based identifier)
  dbn    (domain based name)
  nmsp   (namespace... although I don't like this as much)
  rdns   (reverse dns ... urn:rdns:com.clarkevans.yaml,2002;MyPackage)
  class  (object's class)
  dnscls (domain name system class )

Buggers.  This is tough.

Clark

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525