RE: Why spam is a problem.

2002-08-13 20:49:08
I saw a very nice tool

http://tmda.net

It spools the e-mail and ask the sender to acknowledge he sent the
e-mail. It is only after the acknowldegement is received that the e-mail
is finally distributed.

I think this system coupled with other anti-spam techniques (like
open-relays blockers,...) is very effective.

Finally if mail servers were not open relays out of the box, we would be
in a better world...

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org <mailto:franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>
Certificate: https://www.sopac.org/ssl/

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
necessarily the views of SOPAC.