Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

2002-11-26 11:45:24
   From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt(_at_)OpenLDAP(_dot_)org>
   Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:39:49 -0800
[...]
   No.  The list admin should add the unsubscribed address to the
   list of "known email addresses".  See item 5 in:
     http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt

It's getting more and more to the point that we should just centralize
all of the mailing lists. (Thus also centralizing archives and making
it harder for things to just get lost.)

I remember trying to post a comment to the tls-wg mailing list and
getting a bounce with no useful information about how to actual send
my message without subscribing. So I replied to the bounce, hoping to
get a person who could help me in some way. It bounced. I gave up,
which was unfortunate since I was trying to correct a misunderstanding
about how many application protocols actual use TLS.

Larry