Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

2002-11-26 17:01:00
Pre-approved lists continues to allow IETF'ers to post to IETF
lists without having to be subscribed or suffer through the
error-prone, distribution delay inducing, and list admin's time
consuming processes some list admins have forced upon us.

like what i call "do-gooder software", when you guess correctly,
no one ever says thanks.  but guess wrongly once, and you get
screamed at forever.

so my personal method is to let the user act on their own behalf
and to respond to explicit written requests.  that way, the worst
error i can make is cut and paste, and even that has gotten me in
trouble on occasion.

but ymmv, and that's what makes the world go 'round.

randy