Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

2002-11-26 18:15:52
At 03:42 PM 2002-11-26, Randy Bush wrote:
so my personal method is to let the user act on their own behalf
and to respond to explicit written requests.

Assuming this provides a means for the user can make an explicit
request to opt-in to a list of "known email addresses", great
(DJB should opt-in).

If not, why have you chosen not to implement guideline 5 in
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt?
It seems to me that following this guideline would significant
reduce the number of administrative errors and hopefully allow
the community to re-focus on technical issues.

Kurt