Re: new.net (was: Root Server DDoS Attack: What The Media Did Not Tell You)

2002-12-01 20:41:42
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:37:14 EST, Keith Moore said:

FWIW, I'm doing these experiments myself, and will publish the
results when I'm done in such a way that others should be able
to repeat the experiments, compare their results with mine,
and form their own conclusions.

I got pointed at a very interesting NANOG presentation on the analysis
of traffic at one of the root nameservers.

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/wessels.html

Somehow, the question of whether ICANN should be in charge of the root
pales in comparison to all the daily operational brokenness.  It's amazing
that dancing bear can dance at all...
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer