Re: new.net (was: Root Server DDoS Attack: What The Media Did Not Tell You)

2002-12-02 09:21:53
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, at 17:13 [=GMT-0500], Keith Moore wrote:

If when .com breaks, the other TLDs still work...
then, isn't that a good reason to have more TLDs?

it's a good reason to not put all of your eggs in one basket.

also by limiting the size of the root we make it somewhat easier
to verify that the root is working correctly.

So this means not millions of TLDs. I agree with that. Not even
thousands, I would say. Not everyone who now has a .com needs a . That
would flatten the namespace, already flattened to the second level,
completely. First target: twice as many as now. And these 300 or so
will also include a lot that will be small like so many ccTLDs now
are.

--
[05] Round the clock here on the internet.
http://logoff.org/